The amount of damage on this piece is ridiculous. I tried very, very hard to figure out a way to not paint this but the water damage done to it is going to make that impossible. So I plan to do a version of this with paint and stain trying to keep as much of the details as possible.
The bottom two drawers have water damage that can only be painted. The top drawer, however, I decided to replace the veneer for a fresh stain since it wasn't too bad.
I removed the old veneer.
Then I cut new veneer and glued it on.
I cannot wait to finish this piece since I'm going to have some fun with it. Now that I know how to do this...I think I'm going to take this refinishing hobby to whole new levels!